Euro 2016 Thread

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I thought the Belgium team deserved more from that. Worked hard all game, numerous attacks (sadly no end product) and constant pressure. Italy were lucky with the first and a great effort against the run of play for the second to kill it off in the dying seconds. Not suggesting they were the out and out better team, but 0-2 is a harsh result and if nothing else flatters Italy

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I see where you're coming from. 2-0 did flatter Italy slightly. But then they do what Italian teams of old did, score, sit back and then hit you with the ultimate sucker punch. Belgium dominated the game but that was partly as Italy let them. They were happy to soak up the pressure. I do think Wilmotts got his tactics and team selection horribly wrong. Lukaku was atrocious, no other word for it. How Fellaini gets picked ahead of Musa Demebele I will never know. That's a sackable offence right there.

Sweden looked piss poor against a very mediocre and limited Ireland team. I could actually see that Ireland team finishing second if they can scrape a result against Italy or Belgium.

Spain looked blunt as well. They totally dominated but they still insist on playing that daft strikerless formation, or playing with a muppet up front. When you have one of the best midfields and defences in world football, just play with a ****ing striker would you!? He doesn't need to be amazing the sheer number of chances the boys behind him create will mean eventually he'll score.

No one team was really looked good for 90 mins yet, only Portugal to come tonight, and they are just gonna play "give it to ballbag, and hope" and he'll love every minute of it. Be prepared for a serious amount of sulking if they lose, or of him trying to extract every single droplet of attention and adulation if he scores or even if they win and he has FA to do with it.

yoda

Sith Lord
I didn't realise the fighting was that bad at the game. Just heard if the Russian fans don't wise up for the next game the team could be out! If that happened how would that leave the groups? Did I read earlier 3 teams get out of each group?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
yoda said:
I didn't realise the fighting was that bad at the game. Just heard if the Russian fans don't wise up for the next game the team could be out! If that happened how would that leave the groups? Did I read earlier 3 teams get out of each group?

Once Russia get the boot anyone who played them gets a 3-0 win is how it has played out in the past when games were stopped due to crowd trouble from the opposition fans.

Jason

Pomse2001

Grand Master
yoda said:

I think it is unfair that only russia will be kicked out. In Danish news I have heard english fans fighting in the streets every day since EM started.
It would be more fair if they both get kicked out.

But I am sure Denmark will get the place, just like in 1992 and then we will win EM again :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
Best goals so far? (Not that there have been loads!)

I really liked Hoolahan's goal against Sweden (perhaps because it was unexpected and a bit of a scorcher) and even though I wanted Belgium to win, both of the Italian goals were pretty good.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Joe said:
Best goals so far? (Not that there have been loads!)

I really liked Hoolahan's goal against Sweden (perhaps because it was unexpected and a bit of a scorcher) and even though I wanted Belgium to win, both of the Italian goals were pretty good.

Modric volley for me, what a strike and the technique involved was perfect. Been some really good goals so far.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Reckon Payet's is the best goal so far ;) Only a minute left, the hosts are heading for a draw after a decidedly average performance and he pops up with an absolute peach into the top corner, complete with dip and curl. All on his weaker foot 8)

Modric's was class too, but there's a slight doubt about the keeper there. The technique to hit the ball like that from such a height was brilliant. Bale and Dier's free kicks were good as well, but the keeper's should've really saved them.

Hoolahoop and Giaccharini (sp?) were both fantastic finishes, as was Pelle's.

All in all, pretty good so far, despite the low scoring games. Most impressed with Italy and Croatia so far.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Very true Cazza, forgot about Payets goal and keeper should have done better but when it bounces right infront of him like that it's hard to judge.

Great result for Iceland last night and what's Ronaldo on about, claiming they were celebrating like they had won it. Sorry but the least populated country ever to qualify for the Euros and they get a draw in there opening game against Portugal.

Realisation from Ronaldo that he will never win anything major with his country is hard to take I think.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, Payet's goal is prob my pick for best so far. The goal itself is brilliant never mind the fact it's so late in the game.

Great result for Iceland and thoroughly deserved, from what I saw. Portugal had tonnes of possession, but as has been a recurring theme in this tournament they couldn't break down a solid defensive set up. As for Ronaldo, what a ****. A country with a total population of 300,000 people. WTF does he expect, total football to rival the great Dutch sides!? **** off you preening tosser. They came with a game plan and it worked. Not everyone has to play open free flowing football. Your lot weren't exactly fast on the attack. If you want to know why you lost go ask Nani why he didn't bury his header in the first half, or have a look in the mirror and ask yourself the same question for that header in the second half. Not like you created much else over the course of 90 mins with 70% possession. That tells a story.
What an absolute ball bag you are. That's just another reason to hate the egotistical show pony. There's more class in a used condom than that fella.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
So Wales beat Slovakia, Slovakia are comfortably beating Russia, and we drew with Russia. Uh oh :oops:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
If and that's a big if, England beat Wales then this group would have a cracking last day.

On another note can't wait for the next World Cup in Russia, might take the family. :?

yoda

Sith Lord
On another note can't wait for the next World Cup in Russia, might take the family. :?[/quote]

That would be some craic alright! I wonder have they good medical services over there.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
yoda said:
On another note can't wait for the next World Cup in Russia, might take the family. :?

Russia should probably lose the 2018 World Cup over this, but I guess it may be too late for another country to step in..?

Jason

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
mr_palitoy said:
yoda said:

Russia should probably lose the 2018 World Cup over this, but I guess it may be too late for another country to step in..?

Jason

Yeah probably to late, I wouldn't want to be the back up country either.

Putin would probably invade it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom